1199 is an insurance also called 1199seiu. Service Employees International Union (SEIU) is a labor union representing almost 1.9 million workers in over 100 occupations in the United States and Canada.
Are you a bit overweight or obese in greater New York City?
- Do you have 1199 insurance and want to know if they cover medical weight loss?
- Do you know W8MD is one of the very few medical weight loss programs in the nation to accept health insurance for visits?
Who gets 1199 insurance?
1199 SEIU is usually seen among workers, spouses, retirees and family members in the following professions:
- health care which covers over half of members work in the health care field, including hospital, home care and nursing home workers;
- public services such as local and state government employees; and
- property services including janitors, security officers and food service workers.
Does 1199 insurance cover medical weight loss physician visits?
Yes. Since obesity is considered a preventable medical condition, and since pre-existing conditions cannot be excluded, all insurances are mandated to cover weight loss physician visits including 1199.
Does W8MD accept 1199 insurance for weight loss?
Yes, our New York City offices are in network with 1199 insurance for both weight management, sleep disorders, primary care, and preventive care.
What is covered usually on the 1199 insurance for weight loss at W8MD?
W8MD can bill 1199 for the physician weight loss visits, any test that might be performed such as a breathing test called Resting Metabolic Rate test (RMR), electrocardiogram (EKG), nutritional counseling etc. Since most insurances limit weight loss medication coverage, or exclude it, W8MD typically provides the weight loss medications at the office for a small administrative cost of $50.00 biweekly that provides up to two weeks of two diet medications if dispensed in office.
- Did you know that being overweight and obesity are epidemic in New York City (NYC) and across the
- Did you know about two thirds of the US population are overweight or obese,1 including more than half (about 3 million) of the adults in NYC.
- W8MD’s unique insurance physician weight loss program has helped thousands of patients since 2011 not only to *lose weight but also to keep it off.
- Please note certain exclusions apply and some plans may not cover weight loss although majority do. Deductions, copays and out of pocket expenses might be applicable based on your specific plan.
Does 1199 cover weight loss surgery?
Most 1199 do need prior authorization and might not cover bariatric surgery
Does 1199 insurance provide weight loss coverage?
All 1199 plans cover physician weight loss visits
1199 insurance related questions and searches
- 1199 health insurance
- 1199 health insurance dependents
- 1199 health insurance providers
- 1199 health insurance benefits
- 1199 seiu benefits & pension funds
- 1199 greater new york
How can W8MD’s insurance weight loss, sleep and medical aesthetic programs help me?
As one of the very few non-surgical weight loss programs to be in network with most insurances including 1199, we do get many 1199 patients for our non-surgical medical weight loss program. If you live near greater New York area, have 1199 insurance and need to lose some weight without bariatric surgery, you can contact W8MD.
W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to weight loss that addresses all the complex issues leading to weight gain, both in adults and children. Since its inception in 2011, W8MD has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.