Losing weight in Philadelphia Philadelphia, city of brotherly love, is the largest city in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and 5th largest city in the nation with a population of 1.5 million residents in the city limits. The greater Philadelphia area has about 6 million people and is center for education, and industry.
What is the problem of obesity in Philadelphia?
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), about 67.9% of adults in the city and approximately 41% of children between the ages of 6-17 are either overweight or obese!
Top 5 causes of weight gain in Philadelphia
People in Philadelphia can gain weight because of many reasons some of which include Inappropriate diet. According to Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD, founder of W8MD, one of the most important causes for weight gain for people in Philadelphia or elsewhere is a process called insulin resistance.
What is insulin resistance and how does it cause my weight gain in Philadelphia?
A diet high in refined grains, starches, and saturated fat, low in nutritional value with a lot of empty calories is the principal cause of insulin resistance.
Lack of proper physical activity is another important cause of weight gain, although exercise on it’s own may not necessarily help you lose weight on it’s own. Learn more on why exercise alone is useless for weight loss?
Certain medications know to cause weight gain including, but not limited to, steroids, many types antidepressant medications, antipsychotic and other psychiatric medications, can cause weight gain in Philadelphia and other places.
Stress is a know cause of weight gain and overeating in Philadelphia.
Lack of sleep can not only lead to weight gain but also lead to many other health problems including decreased immunity, increased risk of infections, and can explain weight gain in many people!
Where to start to lose weight in Philadelphia?
- Start with checking your body mass index so you know where you stand before attempting to lose weight in Philadelphia.
- Understand the 5 proven measures to lose weight in Philadelphia
- Also understand the FDA approved medications for weight loss in the greater Philadelphia area
- Find a weight loss program that accepts your health insurance for weight loss in Philadelphia
- W8MD medical weight loss centers weight loss and sleep wellness locations in greater Philadelphia area do accept most health insurances for the weight loss physician visits.
What are the best medications for weight loss in Philadelphia area?
While the answer depends on your particular situation, the best medication for fast and effective weight loss in Philadelphia include Qsymia, a combination of Phentermine and Topiramate, Belviq or Lorcaserin, Phendimetrazine, Phentermine or Adipex to name a few.
Diet for losing weight in the city of Philadelphia. While there are many times of diets available, the most effective diet for fast and safe weight loss in Philadelphia would bevery low calorie or VLCD diet.W8MD weight loss locations that accept insurance for weight loss in Delaware Valley
Philadelphia Insurance Weight Loss Center: 1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115 Ph: 1-215-676-2334
King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 1-800-986-3007
The best news is – his insurance covered his weight loss visits with W8MD. Watch his experience on youtube!
- Weight loss success stories of people losing weight in Philadelphia
- Proven measures for weight loss in the greater Philadelphia area
- Understand the role of physical activity for weight loss
- Check out the 52 weeks of weight loss and wellness videos.
- Review of weight loss program Philadelphia
- Best weight loss program Philadelphia