Does Keystone First insurance cover weight loss?
- Are you one of the over two thirds of Americans that are overweight and need to lose some weight?
- Are you in the clinically obese category like 39% of all adults in the US?
- Do you want to lose some weight but not sure if your keystone first or other health insurance covers the visits?
- Did you know that the Affordable Care Act mandated coverage for screening and treatment for obesity?
What percentage of Americans are considered obese?
More than 1 in 3 Americans, to be exact, 39% of all adults according to the CDC are considered obese.
Why should you lose weight? Are there health benefits to losing weight?
Obesity is a risk factor for many diseases, including type 2 diabetes and heart disease. These health issues stem from a range of underlying metabolic abnormalities that affect the liver, pancreas, muscle, fat, and other tissues.
Interventions to promote weight management:
Patients with BMI ≥ 25
- Help your patients establish their own realistic and specific lifestyle goals
Patients with BMI ≥ 30 or ≥ 27 with other risk factors or diseases
- Consider referral to intensive multi-component behavioral interventions that provide guidance on nutrition, physical activity and psychosocial concerns
What is the minimum amount of weight loss to see health benefit?
Most treatment guidelines recommend that people who are overweight or obese aim to lose 5% to 10% of their weight to achieve improvements in health.
Does W8MD’s weight loss program in greater Philadelphia accept Keystone First for weight loss?
Yes. Keystone first typically covers the weight loss visits but not the weight loss diet medications. However, our biweekly program cost of $50.00 covers up to two diet medications.
Why you should consider the popular W8MD insurance weight loss program in Philadelphia:
- We provide behavioral treatment, also called lifestyle counseling, that can teach you how to develop and stick with healthier eating and physical activity habits—for example, keeping food and activity records or journals
- We provide information about getting enough sleep, managing stress, and the benefits and drawbacks of weight-loss medicines
- We provide ongoing feedback, monitoring, and support throughout the program, either in person, by phone, online, or through a combination of these approaches
- slow and steady weight-loss goals—usually 1 to 2 pounds per week though weight loss may be faster at the start of a program
- a plan for keeping the weight off, including goal setting, self-checks such as keeping a food journal, and counseling support
Resources and guidelines for losing weight
- keystone first weight loss coverage
- keystone first pa weight loss doctor
- keystone first weight loss program
- Keystone first philadelphia
W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to weight loss that addresses all the complex issues leading to weight gain, both in adults and children. Since its inception in 2011, W8MD has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.