Alarming Statistics Of Obesity
Be a W8MD!
According to the CDC, more than one-third of U.S. adults (35.7%) are obese and 34% are in the overweight category.
- Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are overweight (and not obese): 33.3% (2009-2010)
- Percent of adolescents age 12-19 years who are obese: 18.4% (2009-2010)
- Percent of children age 6-11 years who are obese: 18.0% (2009-2010)
- Percent of children age 2-5 years who are obese: 12.1% (2009-2010)
- In 2008, medical costs associated with obesity were estimated at $147 billion; the medical costs for people who are obese were $1,429 higher than those of normal weight.
Physicians Are Key
According to research, 94% of the physicians get little to no education in Nutrition. Lack of proper bariatric medicine training for healthcare providers contributes to our health care system’s inability to help their patients lose weight successfully. As well trained and experienced bariatric/obesity medicine physicians, W8MD’s are uniquely qualified to treat obesity and the associated condition
Lack of Physician Education
Most physicians have nothing to offer their over weight or obese patients other than simply say “Lose Weight!” or hand out a diet sheet! This is not useful for most patients as obesity needs a more thorough and a structured program with on going support.
Affordable Care Act And Obesity
Did you know that the 2010 Affordable Care Act mandates insurance coverage for screening and treatment for all adults for obesity? If you are physician interested in helping your patients lose weight using insurance or cash only model, you may want to consider joining W8MD network of physicians.
Developed by two Obesity Medicine Physicians with a combined 25 years of practice experience, W8MD Physician Licencing program will provide the tools, materials, training, support, billing codes, and a structured program to help you get started in adding the W8MD Obesity Medicine Program at your facility. We believe that Obesity is a medical condition that is best managed by a physician well versed with the complex causes for weight gain. W8MD program will make it easy for any physician to start helping their obese patients lose weight safely and effectively under your supervision. See the following presentation of how W8MD program can help your practice.
- STAFF AND PROVIDER TRAINING
- BILLING CODES AND GUIDANCE
- PRACTICE SUPPORT
- MULTIMEDIA MARKETING
- DISPLAY MATERIALS
- BRANDED MEAL REPLACEMENT PLANS
- FDA APPROVED MEDICATIONS
- 24/7 SUPPORT
- WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT
- SOCIAL MEDIA INTEGRATION
- ADVERTISING TEMPATES
- POTENTIAL REFERRALS VIA OUR WEBSITE
As a limited time offer, we are waiving the signup fee for the first 50 physicians that Join W8MD Network of Weight Loss Physicians!